top of page

Who Has to Get a Gas Safety (CP12) Certificate?

All UK landlords with Gas Appliances and Fittings – including central heating, boilers and flues – must conduct an annual safety check conducted by a Gas Safe engineer. If you are unsure whether the Gas Safety Regulations Act (1998) applies to you, you can find out on the government’s 

Health And Safety Executive (HSE) website.

If you are a landlord however, it is very likely that these laws do apply to you. You must keep record of the safety check for two years and supply new tenants with a copy of the certificate before they move in and within 28 days of completing a new check. (Gas Safety Certificate (CP12))


£45 inc vat

  • Gas Safe Registered Engineer Call Out

  • Digitally Accessible Certificate for Boiler (CP12)

  • Only £15 per additional appliance

  • Appointment made for you 1 to 3 Working Days

  • Boiler Service

  • One-off payment

  • Booking Availability Engineers normally work 8am-6pm Monday to Friday
    (please specify your availability over next 3 days so we can book for you)


£55 inc vat

  • Gas Safe Registered Engineer

  • Digitally Accessible Certificate

  • FULL boiler service as recommended by the appliance manufacturer

  • Ensures your boiler is safe and in working order as per HSE regulations


Gas Safety - Have total peace of mind

Meet your legal obligations quickly, cheaply and hassle free. We only use gas and heating engineers who are on the Gas Safe register.

If an engineer is not available on your required date or time, we source another one who is. Our team on hand to answer any questions and queries.

Order your gas service engineer today!

An annual gas safety inspection is required to be done by a Gas Safe registered engineer/plumber. The inspection will involve checking all gas and pipe work to ensure they’re in safe working order. Once the inspection is complete, you will receive a Gas Safety Certificate (CP12) from the engineer. A copy of the certificate should be given to the lodger. It's perfectly acceptable to keep the records of your gas inspection digitally and is also more convenient.

If any faults are flagged during the inspection, you should get them resolved in appropriate time.

Besides from the annual safety check, any gas/pipe work done in the property must also be done by a Gas Safe Registered engineer. All Gas Safe Engineers will have a Gas Safe identity card, which you should check before allowing any work to commence.

Our recommendation is that maintenance be performed every 12 months to ensure proper functioning of the appliances.

For full guidance refer to regulation 36(2) of the HSE Approved Code of Practice, on the duties of landlords with respect to maintaining pipes, flues and appliances

bottom of page